I’LL DO THAT
I HATE HIM AND I HATE THESE GIFS THEY ARE SO DUMB AND THE LOOK IN HIS EYES MAKES ME WANT TO PERFORM SATANIC RITUALS
the first time sherlock gets stung by a bee he thinks he’s dying and he makes a huge ordeal out of it while john patiently and silently pulls the sting out, puts ointment on it and forces sherlock to wear hello kitty bandits as punishment muttering about bees and “how could they betray me” while john rolls his eyes and drinks his tea in silence
- Shipping is the act of enjoying the idea of two characters being in a romantic relationship with each other.
- The vast majority of the time, you can’t be wrong about shipping. Because shipping is enjoying the idea of two characters being in a romantic relationship with each other, and the vast majority of people know whether they enjoy a ship. So no one’s wrong to ship a ship.*
- Shipping is not the same as predicting things. Shipping is, as I say, the act of enjoying the idea of two characters being in a romantic relationship with each other. You can say YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR LIKING SOMETHING I DON’T LIKE, AND YOU ARE VERY WRONG TO DO SO, but that kind of make you a jerk and unpleasant to be around.**
- Some people enjoy making predictions. That is fair and reasonable fannish work.
- Fans who enjoy making predictions are welcome to make them, publish them, and convince other people with them.
- You might agree with the predictions of other fans.
- You might disagree with the predictions of other fans.
- If you feel moved to define your fannish presence as anti-whatever-it-is-someone-else-really-loves-or-believes, you should probably ask yourself why. Do you not love anything enough to be defined by that instead?***
- Love is better than hate, on the whole.
- You can be thoughtful, interesting, and challenging without being mean and disrespectful to other fans.
- You don’t need to live in a tumblr tag and police everything that happens there. You can find the people who post the kinds of things you enjoy and follow them. Then you can create the dashboard of your dreams. It’s pretty great. Seriously.
* I say the vast majority of the time, because there is probably someone out there who is, as we speak, trying really hard to ship something that they don’t yet realize that they don’t ship, and must be, at this very moment, very confused about why shipping what they ship doesn’t bring them the pleasure shipping that ship brings other people. Self-knowledge is complicated sometimes.
** I was being kind. It doesn’t kind of make you a jerk and unpleasant to be around. It makes you a jerk and unpleasant to be around. Try not to be a jerk. Everyone’s unpleasant to be around from time to time, don’t beat yourself up.
*** Just asking.
May your reed chip before a major performance. May your spit valve clamp shut and nothing will pry it open. May you forget your instrument on a trip out of state. May you start on the right foot instead of the left at rehearsal and may you be reprimanded by the director for it. May you realize the pit are people and most importantly musicians. Dedicated musicians who fill the rests with special effects and beauty and may you realize without them, something just would not be right.
destroy media’s idea of asian girls being petite, pale-skinned waifs with bobbed hair and blunt bangs who are either the quiet fighter or a submissive giggly teen
destroy the fetishizing and infantilizing of asian girls
'i think it could work'
'but i guess john doesn't'
'he doesn't feel things that way'
'I don't think'